Water Heater Repair Service for Your Home or Office
The professionals at NW Solutions Heating & Air, LLC know that hot water is a critical feature of modern life. It keeps us comfortable when bathing, safe when using dishware, and helps remove oils and bacteria when washing our hands and clothes. But when do we appreciate it most? Our guess is when it disappears!
Inconsistent water temperature? We can help!
Systems that provide hot water are generally very reliable, but when a water heater malfunctions, it can mean some very uncomfortable showers, or worse, water damage. If you attempt to diagnose the problem yourself, it’s likely you’ll find some intimidating hardware. Fortunately, there are trained professionals available to help pick up where you leave off.
If there are strange noises coming from your water heater, call us immediately.
If the problem is repairable, our technicians will work with you to identify the problem and take steps to fix the issue. Common issues that we diagnose include:
- Sediment build up
- Unpredictable water temperatures
- Strange noises
- Drain valve issues
- Electrical problems
- Leaky tank (this requires replacement)
- Other component issues
How to Choose and Buy New Hot Water Tanks
If repair is not an option, then you get to go shopping! But the nature of a water heater means that it is mostly hidden from view. So what difference does it make what it looks like? Well, it doesn’t really matter what it looks like. What matters is how it’s powered, its energy efficiency, and the size of the tank (if you choose this option).
- First, choose which type you want.
- Next, choose the power source.
- Gas or oil
- Finally, choose the size and capacity
- 23-36 gallons for 1-2 person household
- 36-46 gallons for 2-4 person household
- 46-56 gallons for 3-5 person household
Five Facts about water heating
- The number one cause of traditional water heater failures is tank corrosion. Replace the anode rod every year or so to prevent accelerated wear and odor issues.
- Fuel-fired water heaters tend to wear faster than electric types.
- A water heater’s recovery rate refers to the speed at which it heats a certain amount of water to 100 degrees in an hour. The higher the capacity, generally, the slower the recovery rate.
- Tankless heaters are most cost-efficient for lower-usage situations.
- Power sources must be shut off and tanks must be emptied to test performance issues.
Call NW Solutions Heating & Air for water heater service in Longview, Washington!
Is the water coming from your taps smelly or off-temperature? We know all about what causes tap water problems! Our technicians are credentialed and experienced in all things heating and cooling, so you don’t have to worry about service quality. Contact us if you have any questions related to water heaters. We gladly offer service estimates and convenient scheduling for residents of Longview.