Make Your Home More Comfortable With Ductless Heat Pumps
Ductless electric heating and cooling is an attractive alternative to traditional ducted electric and HVAC systems, distributing air more evenly and efficiently while significantly reducing heating costs. The heating and air conditioning contractors at NW Solutions Heating & Air can help you decide whether an upgrade to “ductless life” is right for your home by comparing it to your current system while considering the size of your house or condo.
Great! …But What’s a Ductless Heat Pump?
Ductless heating systems include an outdoor compressor unit and one or more indoor units called “heads” which are typically mounted high on a wall. Heat energy is absorbed and moved between the indoor and outdoor units through refrigeration lines, suction tubing, a power cable, and a condensate drain.
Don't go through another winter with inefficient heating!
A ductless heat pump system is unique because it delivers warm and cool air to individual areas of a home instead of everywhere at once. It uses a two-way heat pump to take advantage of heat’s tendency to move from warm to cool spaces. This process can also be reversed with minimal amounts of electricity.
Electric ductless heat pumps are one of the most innovative and effective heating and cooling systems on the market today. They are very common in Europe and Asia, and are increasing in popularity in the US, especially for new condos and apartments.
Did You Know That Ductless Heating Systems are Energy Efficient?
No matter your home’s location, square footage or your electricity company’s prices, a ductless system saves you up to 50% on monthly heating and cooling costs. Compared to electric resistance heating or ducted central air source heat pumps, ductless systems are also quieter, cheaper to install and upgrade, and provide energy efficiency even in open floor plans. The units are small, allowing for flexible furniture placement, come with a handheld remote, can be adjusted to cool or heat only selected spaces, and earn utility rebates.
Advantages of installing a ductless heat pump system:
- Clark Public Utilities offers generous rebates for homeowners who decide to install ductless systems.
- A heat pump heats and cools. Its reverse cycle takes heat from the home and pumps it outside. This creates the most efficient heating and cooling system available.
- Heat pumps use ductless and mini-split systems which allow users to control the temperature of individual rooms. That reduces energy demand and avoids heating the whole house unnecessarily.
- With no ducts, a heat pump system is ideal for retrofitting. If you have an older home and are looking for a modern heating solution, this is the best bet.
- Heat pumps are more energy efficient than electric or gas heaters. They significantly reduce energy waste, saving users as much as 50% on heating and cooling costs.
Ductless Heating Installers Serving Vancouver Homes, Condos, Offices, and Apartment Buildings
We provide installation, maintenance, and repair for all ductless systems. Call today to ensure your home stays comfortable through the long cold months!